- Research the market – find out about the competition and if there’s demand for your product?
- Develop an export plan – to work through all the aspects of exporting and to help limit risk.
- Find out what you need – find out what paperwork you need, what duties apply and if you need a customs export entry – which typically applies if you’re shipping goods worth over $1,000.
- Think about distribution – how you are going to ship your products overseas – courier service, international post or freight?
- Get exchange rate advice – find out how fluctuations in exchange rates can affect profitability and pricing.
- Ask for help – ask the officials and ask other exporters for help and advice and collect as much information as possible, this could be the key to your success.
Share your export tips – comment and you’ll be in to win a $1000 Prezzy Card*. Don’t forget to enter your email address in the space provided, before you submit your comment. Thanks!
*Terms and conditions apply. Competition closes 30 October 2009.