The workplace is becoming just like that old 1970s Martini slogan – ‘any time, any place, anywhere’. Technology has given us the means to work whenever and wherever we please.
So, it’s not surprising that many people are setting up office in the comfort of their favourite café.
- A café is a great meeting place.
- It’s less formal than the company boardroom.
- It’s ideal for professionals who don’t have space in their own office.
Just don’t take advantage of the café owners – here’s a short guide to c’office etiquette.
- Charge your laptop before you go to the c’office - use battery power so you don’t trail power leads lying along the café floor.
- Order something – preferably something to eat and drink.
- Work quietly - mute your laptop and whatever you do, don’t Skype.
- Be discreet - setting up a full blown power point presentation will unnerve fellow diners and annoy the café owner.
- Don’t rearrange the furniture - especially without permission.
- Say ‘thank you’ to the café staff - if you’ve been there for hours, it’s the least you can do.
Tell us how your company makes it easy for customers to conduct their business the Martini way and we’ll enter you into the draw to win a Prezzy Card*.