...just be mindful that the key to doing this successfully lies in doing it well.
We talk to our own online team to find out about how to create a great online presence. They give these tips:
- Always put your customer first.
- Work out what your customers want and need from your site.
- Bear in mind that people read online content differently from print form. There's a knack to writing web copy. Make sure your site is written by someone with experience.
- Don't assume that everyone uses Internet Explorer 7 on a desktop PC. Your customers might be highly mobile, in which case you'll need to make sure your site works on a mobile or a tablet computer.
- You want people to come to your site so make sure search engines, like Google and Yahoo, can find your site. Ask your web developers about search engine optimisation (SEO).
In our next blog we find out all about QR codes. Intrigued? Then sign up to our email alert service so you don't miss this topic.